The Sovereignty (Anarchism Faction) is the most secretive and manipulative of all the Factions. There is an old saying amongst the other Factions that states; “Better to trust a ravenous Thresher Beast than the actions of The Sovereignty”.
On a whole, the Sovereignty has vast amounts of wealth as well as some of the most advanced and luxurious space travel technologies known to the universe. Rumors have it much of this technology was borrowed or bargained from other races. The activity of the Sovereignty could be described as pirate and mafia-like in nature, partaking in activities like cutthroat business, as well as focusing on the gain of profits, and the spread of chaos.
Though lacking traditional laws, this Faction operates under a set of principles known as The Adhocracy Code of Conduct. They hail from the Umbra Quadrant. The Umbra Quadrant is perhaps one of the more shadowy and mysterious regions of the Maelstrom Galaxy, most of the light that emanates from it, is purple in tint. The Sovereignty style their ships and technologies in this color. According to the trailer, Sovereignty ships appear to be the only ships which posses the ability to cloak themselves, becoming completely invisible.
Doctrine, Philosophy, and GovernmentEdit
The members of the Sovereignty have a set list of philosophies they follow.
- To achieve true Freedom, I must remain powerful and my enemies weak.
- Personal responsibility is paramount to sustaining a thriving society.
- Anticipation, Observation, and Indifference allow for the greatest Manipulation.
- The true nature of Balance is to remain neutral in all things - never bragging about exploits or victories, but instead letting material wealth show my worth.
The Sovereignty operates as an adhocracy. This approach is anarchistic in nature, The Sovereignty has no true ruling class but instead, everyone within takes personal responsibility for their own existence.
The logo of this faction is very similar to that of a chaos symbol. The central part of the logo contains a vortex-like symbol representing The Void. The arrows around it represent the chaos and influence which spreads out of it.
- Manipulate the other Factions into all-out war with each other.
- Control Center Space from behind the scenes.
- Manipulate The Imperium to the benefit of The Sovereignty.